Thread: Mail Merge

Unhappy Unanswered: Mail Merge

Proberley been asked a few times, How do i use a command button to open a mail merge file (*.doc), Its been bugging me for days a my deadline is comming up soon this forum is my last hope, TY
    CU Blitz

Re: Mail Merge

Originally posted by blitzaceuk
    Proberley been asked a few times, How do i use a command button to open a mail merge file (*.doc), Its been bugging me for days a my deadline is comming up soon this forum is my last hope, TY
    (Access 97)
    Code for the comman button that goes on the ONCLICK Event would be as follows. This will open WORD itself, However, I am still trying to figure out how to get the specific Doc to open. Not sure if this helps. Still looking into opening a specific Doc will try to find.

Private Sub Command0_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click

Dim oApp As Object

Set oApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    oApp.Visible = True

Exit_Command0_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Command0_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command0_Click

End Sub

Re: Mail Merge

Ok. . . let me give you something easier.

On the Hyperlink Portion of the Command button Property. . . type in the full path to your word merge doc. No event is needed.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks alot for ur help the hyperlink did work, i never knew it was there, shows how much attention i pay, again TY
    CU Blitz

Originally posted by blitzaceuk
    Thanks alot for ur help the hyperlink did work, i never knew it was there, shows how much attention i pay, again TY
    Hardly think it is matter of paying attention as there is SOOOO MUCH to ACCESS ETC. I even started out giving you something hard to do. ALot of us (most deffinately me included) are still in learning mode. I am happy the solution worked for you.

t

And in case you're interested the free downloadable sample database at www.bullschmidt.com/access has Word mail merge in case you want to see a working example.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips