Question Unanswered: Passing parameters from form to query using operands?

I have built an unbound form with all the query parameters. Then I have built the query with the criteria for most fields like Forms![My Form]!HighSchool or Forms![My Form]!HighSchool Is Null. BUT, I want for some of the fields' criteria to use an operator to retrieve all records greater than or equal to whatever number the user has put in the unbound form (My Form). I used >=Forms![My Form]!GPA or Forms![My Form]!HighSchool Is Null in a few of the fields to evaluate them based on a minimum number from the user.

The problem is that I can't really explain what's not working with this. Sometimes it seems to give the right results. Other times it doesn't give me anything at all. Even when I've used the same criteria 2 times in a row, it gives me 2 different sets of results!!!!!????

Also, if I save and close the query with the criteria written that way, my computer crashes when I try to reopen the query in design view. I then open it, then change the view to SQL view. It will crash every time I try to open it in design view. Is it too large for design view to handle??? It's just weird.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I'm hoping it's just syntax rather than I just plain can't do it easily without a lot of VBA or something.

Thanks for any replies!!! I need lots of help!!!

Trumpetchic