Unanswered: create text file

This is the problem :

I have a database that creates text files with data generated from the tables in the database.
    These textfiles (comma separated, *.txt) are placed on our network where they are picked up by another program. This other program (Oracle database + code in C++) should read the data in the textfile and use it inside the oracle database.
    All this worked fine as the textfiles were generated by the former solution (a dbase program).

Since we introduced our Access solution, the textfiles we produce are no longer accepted by the Oracle database. When we compare the textfiels generated by Access to the old ones generated by dbase, we find no differences although we are checking them even up to hexadecimal level.
    Nevertheless, the Access textfiles get not accepted.

Anyone could help us on this? What are we overlooking?
    (And no, it's not spaces or End-of-File signs...)

could you post the two copies online?

i dont know if that would violate your company's privacy policy or anything like that, so do it only if ur sure that ur comfortable with it;

I have had this with txt files before, and the problem was:

We were taking sales from an internet front end.

These files were sent to us as 'txt' and 'csv'

They went directly into a Access database and Access produce a data file with other 'keys'

HOWEVER, these files were rejected !!

We looked closely at them in txt format with ANSI encoding and then changed the encoding to UNICODE and we found 'additional' characters !

We copied the different ENCODED files into excel and the differences became very clear.

I cant print the characters, because they look wierd, like spanish or arabic fonts, but changing the encoding hides them.

Maybe this might help?

I think we eventually ditched the ISP and used someone else.

~Ken.

Found these 5 this is taken from 1 report in access !! Open the file as ANSI and you get the first address, open the file as Unicode and look what happens. (bold ones are ANSI)

AGENCIA@FLIGHTL-INE.ES,,

becomes

AGENCIA@FLIGHTL╤INE.ES,,

HENNIE.MnLLER@SIGMAKALON.COM,,

becomes

HENNIE.MⁿLLER@SIGMAKALON.COM,,

LE=NPROPERTIES@NAVEGALIA.COM,

becomes

LE≤NPROPERTIES@NAVEGALIA.COM,

8NFO@EXPRESSAIR.IE,

becomes

∞NFO@EXPRESSAIR.IE,