Re: how to connect from db2-aix to Mainframe db2 database
Originally posted by udbdb2
Can any one direct me some quick steps.
db2 8.1.x,aix 5.x
how to check whether we have directconnect running ?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can connect to db2 on Mainframe from AIX. As you have AIX UDB, it has DRDA architecture. You do not need a DB2 Connect, if you connect through the AIX box to Mainframe.
1. Verify you have DDF running on Mainframe.
2. Find out the IP address and port number of mainframe subsystem.
3. catalog a node on your AIX DB2 Instance ( You need IP address & Port Number ) using CLP on AIX.
4. Catalog a remote database pointing to the DB2 Mainframe subsystem using CLP on AIX.
5. On your desktop, using Client Configuration assistant, enable the remote database for ODBC connection.
6. You can then connect to Mainframe through the ODBC connection from your desktop.