down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: Calling reports from forms

Setup: 9i Forms, 9I Reports, 9iDB

Is anybody calling reports from forms? I have done so in previous versions but I am unable to in this version. Actually I am trying to set up a parameter list but the create_parameter_list() function is not found when I try to compile.

Any Thoughts?
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    I am.
    You must use RUN_REPORT_OBJECT.
    The name of the Reports Server must NOT include an underscore character.

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    This issue is related to an earlier post I made "get_parameter_list" where I explained in more detail what was happening the gist of it was that when I tried to compile:

DECLARE
    rep_params VARCHAR2(80) := 'params';
    rep_params_id PARAMLIST;
    BEGIN

create_parameter_list(rep_params);
    etc.

I was receiving the error :
    error 221 at line 6, column 2
    'CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST' is not a function or is undefined.

For those of you who read (documentation) well you probably will see that create_parameter_list is a FUNCTION and requires a left-hand side assignment (ie. somthing to store its return value in). To make it compile you (I) need to say

rep_params_id := create_parameter_list(rep_params);

That is all well and nice but it seems to me that in a decent word Oracle would report an error like "This is a function you need to save the return value" instead of "This is not a procedure or is undefined". Maybe that is too much lowest common denominator, but it would have helped me. Heck, even later versions of "C" used to report "no left hand side assignment" when you called a function and did not save the return. (yeah, earlier versions use to assume you knew what you where doing and reported nothing if you did not save the return, but those were the days of personal accountability).
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".