Unanswered: ./installFixPak a

I am unable to find any information on how to uninstall a fixpak on db2 if you originally install the fixpak (fp11 in this case) with the
    >./installFixPak a command. I know the -a means "apply", not "commit", but

--how does one uninstall if the FixPak install goes bad?

-- How does one later "commit" the install?

-- Can a database still be used as normal if the fixpak is only applied, versus committed? Rather, can you give the database a "test run" to see if the fixpak has fixed what you wanted it to without committing?

I can't find the anything about this on the internet. Can someone please direct me to a resource for this information on the internet? IBM's website does not go into detail about installfixpak -a. Any, and all, help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Re: ./installFixPak a

Can you check your fixpack directory ... There should be uninstallfixpak file which will uninstall ... Else you can use the OS facilities , say, Smit on AIX

How does one later "commit" the install?
    Not sure , but assume you may have to use OS facilities only

Can a database still be used as normal if the fixpak is only applied, versus committed? Rather, can you give the database a "test run" to see if the fixpak has fixed what you wanted it to without committing?
    Yes ... For all operational purposes, the 'applied' fixpack does not work any different to 'committed' fixpack .... Most sites just apply to make sure that incase something goes wrong, you have the option of rolling back the fixpack if it is just applied ...

HTH
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by shava
    I am unable to find any information on how to uninstall a fixpak on db2 if you originally install the fixpak (fp11 in this case) with the
    >./installFixPak a command. I know the -a means "apply", not "commit", but

-- How does one later "commit" the install?

-- Can a database still be used as normal if the fixpak is only applied, versus committed? Rather, can you give the database a "test run" to see if the fixpak has fixed what you wanted it to without committing?

I can't find the anything about this on the internet. Can someone please direct me to a resource for this information on the internet? IBM's website does not go into detail about installfixpak -a. Any, and all, help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

DB2 FixPak 11 - Commit

Hi, I have applied DB2v8 Fixpak 11 with -y -a options. Can someone please tell me how to commit the Fixpak changes from apply. Any documentation on this please ?

On AIX, you can use SMIT to commit it