Thread: Append Query

Unanswered: Append Query

We have an access aplication that contains all of the customer's test data. I need to have an append query move the data to different file names based on the customer. Creating a action query the file name is fixed. How do I pick the customer from a drop down list and have the append query update?

Provided Answers: 1
    Basically an "append" query is executing an INSERT statement. I don't know how you are firing the query, but you can pass a variable to the query using a parameter if you'd like.

Not sure if I've seen a parameter query where the destination database can be the parameter..?

saugeen, I think you'll probably need VBA code to handle this. You'll want to dynamically create the SQL to execute, and the easiest thing I can think of, since it looks like your target databases are fixed, is to have linked tables for the various customers, then you don't need to worry about Access' IN Path\FileName.mdb structure.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by HomerBoo
    Not sure if I've seen a parameter query where the destination database can be the parameter..?
    Yeah I don't think I understood properly. I thought he was trying to change the target table.