Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4

    Unanswered: Can't Spell Check in Query anymore

    Database built by me about 2 years ago and updated recently. Used to be able to spell check within a query for a particular ID number. This is how I prefer to do the spell check. Multiple users, I don't want them spell checking other peoples work.

    Last Friday the database corrupted for no reason that I can figure. I was able to recover the data and rebuilt the database with a day old backup. All worked fine until today when all the sudden the spell check doesn't work in a specific query ( i just rebuilt the query thinking that was the problem, no success) and I can't make any changes to the fields within the query. For example if I see a spelling error, I can't correct it in the query.

    Spell check works within tables fine.

    Any comments or suggestions I would really appreciate. This is an important database and I need to be able to spell check. Hopefully this is not signs of what to come with the database. All was well for 2 years and all the sudden, corruption.

    Thanks in advance

    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    29
    Sounds like your relationships have been broken.

    Your query which usesd to be 1 to many or even 1 to 1 is now a many to many relationship which would not be updateable.

    Check for duplicates in your parent table, even one could dupe could cause this. Also check to see if when you link from your parent table to the child if the child ends up with more records in the query than you started with in the table.
    Last edited by Coldendus; 03-11-04 at 20:14.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4
    Thanks worked like a charm. Somehow, the primary key was removed from one table. So I added it back and all works as before. Thanks for the input.

    Chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •