Question Unanswered: OBDC corrupt files?

Hi all,

I'm using an import prog and an .xls file for import. (never had a problem until months later I tried using the prog again. In between time I deleted my FoxPro along with the MS library, so I'm thinking I lost a shared file?

My error:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 31
    (Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls))

Q? How or where do I reload these drivers, I see they are still in the (Win98SE | Control Panel | OBDC 32bit file) but when I click on either the .mdb or .xls (add button) I get the same error 31 message..

Somebody PLEASE????????

Welcome to the Board!

Unfortunately, WIN98SE is probably your problem.

As tedious as it is, search the MS Knowledge Base and the Download site to see if you can find the driver.

Hope that (even though it probably won't) helps,

Smitty

Unhappy

hey thanks Smitty,

I'm thinking of just upgrading to XP Pro (upgrade) instead cause I've been thru MS help/boards all night long with no related issues to this "error 31". I've even re-installed my 98SE, still the same error :-(

Do you think the XP is a solution???

I never has the chance to work with 98SE, but I've heard horror stories about it. I've used XP since it came out and never had the slightest problem with it, so it may very well be the way to go.

Smitty

I ordered a copy today, Thank you for your input it always helps to have someone push you over the edge :-)
    KJ