Unanswered: Inserting mulitple records

Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet with multiple rows that i need to append to a table in oracle, how do i insert multiple records?

Please help...

Thanks...

Used oracle tool sqlloader to load data from file to table. U will get same information in oracle doc

Thanks,
    Pagnint
    (No need to search web before posting new question)

Regards,
    Jigar Bhavsar

Thanks for all the help...I will give this a shot...I would really like to now how i would insert these records in pl/sql?

I have a table orderfee, with columns Orderno, productno and productcount, I have the orderno's to insert and need to put productno 9000 and productcount 1 for all these orderno's.

Thanks again....

Originally posted by dsehmby
    Thanks for all the help...I will give this a shot...I would really like to now how i would insert these records in pl/sql?

I have a table orderfee, with columns Orderno, productno and productcount, I have the orderno's to insert and need to put productno 9000 and productcount 1 for all these orderno's.

Thanks again....
    If you want to use PL/SQL, you can write a quick load program using UTL_FILE. Place your file on the Oracle server in the correct directory, and read from the file using UTL_FILE.GET_LINE.

If you want to insert then, you would put the get_line call in a loop, and insert into your table after each line. I know thats not overly specific, but search for UTL_FILE and you will find more than enough on this site explaining it.

otherwise inside your SQL*Loader control file you can hard code the value for the fields mentioned and then load the file into the table..

bagchi