Unanswered: Sybase 12.5 Runtime Error

I have a C++ appln trying to connect to Sybase 12.5. I get the following problems.

Thanks

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is /xenv/openclient/sun4/5.x/12.5_32bit_11486/OCS-12_5/lib:/xenv/mqi/sun4/5.x/5.2.0.1/lib:/xenv/rwsp_tools/sun4/5.8p2a/4.0/32/core900/lib

PATH is /xenv/java/sun4/5.x/1.1.8_09a/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/etc:/home/rs51103/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/SSE/2.4/tools:/opt/SSE/2.4/bin:/opt/JSSE/1.1/tools:/opt/JSSE/1.1/bin:/opt/JAVA/1.1.2/bin:/opt/JWS/2.0/JWS/sparcS2/bin:/opt/TI/2.4/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/GNUemacs/bin:/opt/uimx/2.5/bin:/opt/frame/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sybase/11.1.1.8147/bin:/opt/sqr/4.3/bin:/opt/sybooks/sun5m/bin:/opt/applix:/opt/BrxTN3270:/opt/confluent/1.1/bin:/usr/ucb:.:/home/dn56809/c/ejb/ejbtools/bin:/xenv/java/sun4/5.x/1.2.1_04/bin:/home/rh61833/bin

Open Client Message:
    Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3)
    Open Client Message:
    SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
    Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) Message String: SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
    ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Failed to open Net-Library localization fileMessage String:
    ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Failed to open Net-Library localization fileAMQ6182: Error found in line %216 of ccsid.tbl

AMQ6182: Error found in line %217 of ccsid.tbl

Can you first try to connect through firstapp.c which is provided in the sample directory under OCS_xxx. You might need to create pubs database or change the SQL in firstapp.c

Although this is a c program, if tested, it gives you a comfort level.

I did come across a situation where there was connectivity issues due to incomplete usage of flags. The compiler didnt give any errors during compilations but the App was acting weird like "connectivity issues", "sql returning null values"

What I did was basically take all the command flags used in the 'C' compiler and applied it to the 'C++' compiler and removed the flags which were erroring out until it compiled. It worked !!

Sorry, I didnt have time to investigate what flags were missing from my original compiler flags.

Hope this helps.

Vishi