Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Unanswered: Sybase 12.5 Runtime Error

    I have a C++ appln trying to connect to Sybase 12.5. I get the following problems.

    Thanks



    LD_LIBRARY_PATH is /xenv/openclient/sun4/5.x/12.5_32bit_11486/OCS-12_5/lib:/xenv/mqi/sun4/5.x/5.2.0.1/lib:/xenv/rwsp_tools/sun4/5.8p2a/4.0/32/core900/lib

    PATH is /xenv/java/sun4/5.x/1.1.8_09a/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/etc:/home/rs51103/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/SSE/2.4/tools:/opt/SSE/2.4/bin:/opt/JSSE/1.1/tools:/opt/JSSE/1.1/bin:/opt/JAVA/1.1.2/bin:/opt/JWS/2.0/JWS/sparcS2/bin:/opt/TI/2.4/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/GNUemacs/bin:/opt/uimx/2.5/bin:/opt/frame/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sybase/11.1.1.8147/bin:/opt/sqr/4.3/bin:/opt/sybooks/sun5m/bin:/opt/applix:/opt/BrxTN3270:/opt/confluent/1.1/bin:/usr/ucb:.:/home/dn56809/c/ejb/ejbtools/bin:/xenv/java/sun4/5.x/1.2.1_04/bin:/home/rh61833/bin

    Open Client Message:
    Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3)
    Open Client Message:
    SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
    Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) Message String: SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
    ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Failed to open Net-Library localization fileMessage String:
    ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Failed to open Net-Library localization fileAMQ6182: Error found in line %216 of ccsid.tbl

    AMQ6182: Error found in line %217 of ccsid.tbl

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    443
    Can you first try to connect through firstapp.c which is provided in the sample directory under OCS_xxx. You might need to create pubs database or change the SQL in firstapp.c

    Although this is a c program, if tested, it gives you a comfort level.

    I did come across a situation where there was connectivity issues due to incomplete usage of flags. The compiler didnt give any errors during compilations but the App was acting weird like "connectivity issues", "sql returning null values"

    What I did was basically take all the command flags used in the 'C' compiler and applied it to the 'C++' compiler and removed the flags which were erroring out until it compiled. It worked !!

    Sorry, I didnt have time to investigate what flags were missing from my original compiler flags.

    Hope this helps.

    Vishi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •