Unhappy Unanswered: accessing files with winxp

Hello,

I'm quite new to this area of computer, but I would like to request some help from the forum. I would like to export the forms and modules from a rs6000 Unix running on an informix database. ( I think I'm saying this right) My only way to access the current server is through PCLink right now. It is a proprietary medical databse (VitaWorks Company). It is about 15 to 20 yrs old.

I would like to export the files into a more familiar windows based program so I can manipulate the data into graphs, do different querries on the data, and etc...

Please lend an experienced advice. I would really appreciate it.

Paul

Re: accessing files with winxp

Originally posted by pgxiong
    Hello,

I'm quite new to this area of computer, but I would like to request some help from the forum. I would like to export the forms and modules from a rs6000 Unix running on an informix database. ( I think I'm saying this right) My only way to access the current server is through PCLink right now. It is a proprietary medical databse (VitaWorks Company). It is about 15 to 20 yrs old.

I would like to export the files into a more familiar windows based program so I can manipulate the data into graphs, do different querries on the data, and etc...

Please lend an experienced advice. I would really appreciate it.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

You can export data, running sentence "UNLOAD TO you-file.txt FROM databasename:tablename.
    This do running dbaccess from server next copy you-file to Windows.

Gustavo.

Talking

after I export it.. how would I access it using a windows based program to manipulate the data. do i have to convert it over to a different file type?

thanks for the first advice.. I will try it soon and let you know how it goes..