Unanswered: Compile stored procs with GCC

We are setting up a DB2 v8 migration server. Running on a pSeries B80, DB2 8.1 FP 5, AIX 5.1_05

Can anybody point me to documentation on how to setup the system to use gcc instead of xlc. We had this working fine for years under AIX 4.3.3/5.1 and DB2 7. Our DBA can't seem to make it go under v8

Most of what I find on the forum searchs is issues with GCC on Windows, not AIX. So doing this on AIX must be simple and I'm doing something dumb. FWIW - I am not, nor will I ever be a DBA, so these might be dumb questions.

So far, I've figured this much out. But it is still not working.

GCC is installed in /usr/bin (I did the Linux toolbox rpm install)

I added "PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin" to "/home/db2inst1/sqllib/function/routine

Originally posted by PbF00T
    Most of what I find on the forum searchs is issues with GCC on Windows, not AIX. So doing this on AIX must be simple and I'm doing something dumb. FWIW - I am not, nor will I ever be a DBA, so these might be dumb questions.

So far, I've figured this much out. But it is still not working.

GCC is installed in /usr/bin (I did the Linux toolbox rpm install)

I added "PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin" to "/home/db2inst1/sqllib/function/routine
    Somehow, this part got cut off my message

I made these two db2set settings......

[i] DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILER_PATH=/home/db2inst1/sqllib/function/routine/sr_cpath
    [i] DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILE_COMMAND=gcc -g -I/home/db2inst1/sqllib/include SQLROUTINE_FILENAME.c -o SQLROUTINE_FILENAME -L/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib -ldb2 -shared

Got my expected reply from IBM Support, "we dont' support GCC on AIX". I'm so glad I pay a zillion dollars a year for passport advantage.

I am not paying for xlc to compile a handful of stored procedures.

Is it me, or has IBM support gone straight downhill in the past year? I get the same "sorry bye" crap from Tivoli, Lotus, etc. and if you have a question on a FAStT storage array, get ready to PAY.

Done venting.

I would suggest you find out how to configure it to work on Linux/DB2 and see if IBM can help you. Did you check the manuals?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

We have it working on DB2 7, has been working flawlessly for years in fact.

It has to be something stupid I'm doing, or the forum would be filled with the same problem. Most people with this problem are running on Windows.