Unanswered: Irregular date intervals on PivotChart

I am struggling to get a PivotChart to make allowance for a date field that only has data entered at irregular intervals. When I create a chart, each date is given equal space on the x axis, distroting the actual picture of how the data (rainfall) changes over time. Can anyone help?

CSD16

Add dummy or 0 records to the table for the days in between.

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    Add dummy or 0 records to the table for the days in between.
    Thank you, this works with some data, using a bar chart, but does not solve the problem with data plotted on a line chart, where 0 values would not work. What I really need is the timescale feature available in Excel charts, but this doesn't seem to be available in PivotCharts.

Since the amount of rainfall did not change over that day, make it's total the same as the day before (no change). This should allow your line to look horizontal for those days.

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    Since the amount of rainfall did not change over that day, make it's total the same as the day before (no change). This should allow your line to look horizontal for those days.
    Good idea

I assume then that there is no way to use the timescale feature in PivotCharts?