Thread: Progress bar...

Unhappy Unanswered: Progress bar...

Hi ppl,
    i'm a novice microsoft access developer working on some projects for my sch.

Recently, i've ran into some problems with creating progress bars. I noticed that there is a progress bar shown whenever the "Compact and repair database" option is used.

Here's my question: does anyone knows how to reposition the progress bar to the middle of the screen? If it is not possible, can i somehow create another progress bar which can show the exact value as the progress bar in the status bar?

Thank you all for your time.

Have a look at the Microsoft Knowledge Base. There is an example of a progress bar that might prove helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=acc97

David

Exclamation Thanks David, but......

The reference is not exactly what i meant. My actual problem is that i have to display the already existing progress bar in the middle of the screen, if possible. If not, is it possible to make a copy of it, which can show the exact same value at the same time as the one in the status bar, into a form?

Provided Answers: 1
    Look up   SysCmd

Post erm...

Okay ppl. thx for telling me where to look for instructions on how to create a progress bar. but i still do not know how to get the actual value from the built-in progress bar. and i NEED that value to update the progress bar i'm gonna create. any help, please?

Provided Answers: 1
    You Initialise the bar using acSysCmdInitMeter

You Update the bar using SysCmd(acSysCmdUpdateMeter, increment)
    Where increment is a counter of an For .... next or something like that

You clear the bar using SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)

Unhappy sigh...

now that i know how to create my own progress bar, i still need to know how to edit the progress bar that always appear when I use the option "Compact and repair database". Does anyone knows how to do this?
    Last edited by chanjw; 03-16-04 at 21:09.