Unanswered: Using a datetime picker with VB 6 and CR 8.5

Hello,

I have a VB application that has some CRViewer objects. The source of the CR Viewer objects is a stored procedure that requires entry of a date.

I use a datetime picker to have the user pick the date on which to run the report. The problem is this: the user clicks the dropdown menu to be able to select a new date. When the user clicks the prev/next month arrow, the report runs. I want the report to wait until the user scrolls to the correct month AND picks a day. The report gets run every time the user even changes the month. In addition, if the user tries to change the month (at which point the report starts to generate) and then while the report is generating, goes to choose another month (ie. hitting the next month arrow repeatedly to get to the correct month) the program crashes and I get "permission denied". Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,
    Andrew

What event are yoy using to call the report?

It sounds like you are using the Change event.

But some msgbox messages in different events until you find the one that fires when you want it to. Then move your call there.

Maybe Click or Closeup!

Good Luck.

Actually, I just made a command button (a "go" button) to run my report - that took care of it. Thanks though!