Lightbulb Unanswered: Oracle 9i HTTP Server Generates Huge Log file

Friends,

I have installed Oracle 9i Release 2 on Win 2K professional.
    I did a typical install and pre-configured database for data warehousing.

I am having a problem with HTTP Server. It works fine but generates huge amounts of Error Logs, most recently my "C" Drive was full ....and only one file occupied the entire space , that is the Apache Error Log.. it ate up as much as 15 GB.

Is there any way I could configure this to limit the size of error log.

To remove the contents of this Error Log I have to stop my OracleOraHOME92HTTPServer service in Windows-Services, and if I stop this my TNSListener does not work.

Could any one explain as to what needs to be done in order for me to keep the HTTP Server active at the same time not generate huge ErrorLogs.... Please Help

-Venkat

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    In httpd.conf file set the "LogLevel" to "crit" as shown below:
    LogLevel crit
    and then bounce Apache

Originally posted by anacedent
    In httpd.conf file set the "LogLevel" to "crit" as shown below:
    LogLevel crit
    and then bounce Apache
    also rotate the log file

Friends

I tried the setting of LogLEvel to CRIT (for critical), it seems to be working, but whenever my Apache.exe is running its utilizing 100% of CPU...any work arounds for this ?

At the same time, I have more questions ..

Why is it that my TNSListener is depending on HTTP Server ?

History for this is, The services related to Oracle on my PC (Win2K, with Pentium-4 and 512 RAM, 80 G HD) are as default set at install time. After observing that Apache.exe is being too CPU intensive, I goto Services and stop the HTTP server service. This frees up my CPU greatly. Then if I open DOS window, do TNSPing <ServerName> couple of times its fine, when I TNSPing the 4th or 5th time it gives me a dialog box saying "Error Log is being Generated", I close this dialog then I am seeing "TNS NO Listener" error in the DOS window. The error log here is generated by none other than the infamous Apache.ex aka HTTP Server !!!

What exactly is Apache.exe doing for Oracle ?
    As per my limited knowledge, I think it is the platform for Oracle Enterprise Manager ... correct me if I am wrong.

Pls help with your expert suggestions..

Thanks in Advance
    -VENKAT