Question Unanswered: submitting .sql files or equivalent of @

I know that in db2 from the command prompt one can say db2 -tf filename.sql to submit a sql script. I have to rewrite some Oracle scripts for db2 and want to know if the only way out is to explicitly put the db2 and command line options each time i submit a file

How does one submit a file from say within a db2 prompt? i.e. is there an equivalent of the "@" that we use in sqlplus or sql scripts to submit other .sql files ? Also if such a method exists can we still pass instructions/options like suppressing header and spooling data to a file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Ranjith

Provided Answers: 1

Re: submitting .sql files or equivalent of @

Originally posted by ranjithm
    I know that in db2 from the command prompt one can say db2 -tf filename.sql to submit a sql script. I have to rewrite some Oracle scripts for db2 and want to know if the only way out is to explicitly put the db2 and command line options each time i submit a file

How does one submit a file from say within a db2 prompt? i.e. is there an equivalent of the "@" that we use in sqlplus or sql scripts to submit other .sql files ? Also if such a method exists can we still pass instructions/options like suppressing header and spooling data to a file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Ranjith
    The only place you can specify a sql script file name is on the db2 command line. There's no equivalent of Oracle's '@' command.

You can control other command line parameters by issuing UPDATE COMMAND OPTIONS USING ... command from within the sql script.