Thread: Help

Unanswered: Help

I need to set a date field in a MySQL table to timestamp. For some reason the date keeps showing up as 0000-00-00. I am uploading data to a MySQL database from a web application and I want the date to be put in automatically when the user submits the info. I have narrowed it down to if the field is set to not null then I get no records returned. If I set the field to nullable then I get the records, but the date does not go in automatically. Can someone help?
    Thanks
    Last edited by exdter; 03-15-04 at 16:04.

Re: Help

Originally posted by exdter
    I need to set a date field in a MySQL table to timestamp. For some reason the date keeps showing up as 0000-00-00. I am uploading data to a MySQL database from a web application and I want the date to be put in automatically when the user submits the info. I have narrowed it down to if the field is set to not null then I get no records returned. If I set the field to nullable then I get the records, but the date does not go in automatically. Can someone help?
    Thanks
    The date-field is not automatically filled, you will need to enter NOW() when inserting the post.

/pekron

Re: Help

Originally posted by pekron
    The date-field is not automatically filled, you will need to enter NOW() when inserting the post.

/pekron
    Thanks for your reply. I know I need to enter now when inserting the post, but I am using Dreamweaver and can find no help on how to write a query in that application. Thanks.

When you write the insert you place NOW() in the spot where you insert the date... ie:

INSERT INTO THE_TABLE(thedate) VALUES (NOW());