Unanswered: Limiting number of records to display on subreport

Hi all

Due to space constraints on a report I'm creating, I need to display records in one of it's subreports across the page - maximum 3 columns, with 4 rows per column.
    How can I specify this? The closest thing I can find is to change the subreport's Page Setup to 'allow multiple columns', but there's no way to limit the number of rows to display.

Do I have to somehow limit to 12 the number of records the underlying query returns, and if so, how?

Cheers,
    Dave

Try this.

On the query of the subreport, add "TOP 12" to limit the query to return 12 records. FOr example,

SELECT TOP 12 * FROM table1

Hope this helps.

SHK

Cheers for that - I can't use 'Select Top...' in this instance, cos the 12 records I need returned have to be ordered in desc date order. If I put in 'top', and there are, say, 23 records all with the same date, all 23 are returned. If I leave out the ordering, then 12 records are returned in no date order whatsoever.
    I've found a way to manipulate the layout of the report so that any records other than the first 12 in desc date order are truncated out of view, so hopefully that'll do as a workaround.

Thanks for the input, though - that 'Top' thing looks like it could come in usefull....

Dave