Unanswered: Export/Import Possibilities

Hi everybody
    I have an Oracle9i database and a full export of it, I want to uninstall it, and re-install it(still in 9i) but with more options (OLAP, etc...) different Data block size (8kb to 16kb) maybe different nls character set (8utf... or 16utf...).If I re-import from my export the tables schemas etc ... does oracle will make all the necessary convertion, translation. Is there some trap that I shoudl avoid.
    Thanks in advance
    Kristof

I am not sure but I think you will be ok. The Block size should be fine but I am not sure about the character set. According to the Oracle doco If you use the Direct path export then the character set cannot be changed unless you set the NLS_LANG parameter for your export session. All this is covered in some detail in the Oracle doco - For 8i it is in Oracle Utilities/Export.

Try creating a small test db with the new block size character set and other settings you require. Do a schema only export of a small schema from your current db and import it into your test db and check that it all worked ok. Alternatively you could do a table only export of one or two important tables from your current db and import them into the test db.

Alternatively if you have got the space you could do the same test with a full export from the current db.