Unanswered: MS Access, sql-server and stored procedures

Hi

I am trying to make a local MS-Access database that gets some of its data from our central SQL-Server based contact register. The database is supposed to be a "on the road" database and I am trying to use the stored procedures that already are there in the SQL-server database to populate the Access-database with data. The slickest solution would be to just push a button to update the access-database with the data from the sql-server (like Hit the road button)

How do i connect to the sql-server-database and call the SP to update a local tabel in the database

best regards
    /Lars-Ivar

Re: MS Access, sql-server and stored procedures

If you are using ADO is to call the Execute method from the Connection object. Here is an example:

Dim cn as ADODB.connection

Set cn = new ADODB.connection

cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=DataBaseName;Data Source=ServerName"

cn.Open

cn.Execute "sp_Test"

cn.Close

Set cn = Nothing
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Thanks

This is just what I was looking for. Now I can move forward... xellent.
    best regards. I also found out that I could create a Pass Through question in Access (but in swedish it was refferred as a "Direct question" and I didn't work that out in other forum topics that I ran into)

Problem solved

/Lars-Ivar