Unanswered: Unicode to display cyrillic data ?

Hello all,

Any idea what I need to do to achieve this ?

I have windows2000 server running DB2 v8.1 FP5 EE.
    through DB2 connect i connect to a AS/400 to a DBCS-file.
    If I query the file from e.g. the command center, the output looks like this : ќбъединенные јрабские Ёмираты . I know there's Russian text behind this because some PC-app developers are able to convert it with Delphi components ...

I prefer a solution in setting up a unicode DB on NT where I create nicknames to the AS/400 file, but I don't succeed in displaying the data correctly ...

thanks for the input

Peter

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Unicode to display cyrillic data ?

Originally posted by platho
    Hello all,

Any idea what I need to do to achieve this ?

I have windows2000 server running DB2 v8.1 FP5 EE.
    through DB2 connect i connect to a AS/400 to a DBCS-file.
    If I query the file from e.g. the command center, the output looks like this : ќбъединенные јрабские Ёмираты . I know there's Russian text behind this because some PC-app developers are able to convert it with Delphi components ...

I prefer a solution in setting up a unicode DB on NT where I create nicknames to the AS/400 file, but I don't succeed in displaying the data correctly ...

thanks for the input

Peter
    To display your data correctly you just need proper fonts, not "unicode DB on NT". I don't believe you will be able to see Cyrillics in Command Centre unless you install a localized version of db2cc on top of the localized Windows...

One way to display Cyrillics (or any other national characters) would be to send your output to a text file and then open the file in the browser, which allows you to specify a character set used for display.