Unanswered: Copy data from one form to another via a button click

I have a database with two forms - Form1 is a lookup form which returns linked Oracle data; Form2 is a lookup and data entry form which returns data from another Access table. When I key-in an address on Form1 it returns the parcel ID (ParID). I then copy the ParID from Form1 to Form2, which returns ownership data from a linked Access table. What I want is a button on Form1 that when I click, it copies the data from ParID to ParID in Form2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    SKK

Re: Copy data from one form to another via a button click

Originally posted by esskaykay
    I have a database with two forms - Form1 is a lookup form which returns linked Oracle data; Form2 is a lookup and data entry form which returns data from another Access table. When I key-in an address on Form1 it returns the parcel ID (ParID). I then copy the ParID from Form1 to Form2, which returns ownership data from a linked Access table. What I want is a button on Form1 that when I click, it copies the data from ParID to ParID in Form2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    SKK
    on the click event and asuming the second form is open
    forms!Form2!ParID = me!ParID
    if Form2 is a bound form then It will be a bit tougher
    setup a combobox with the wizard to find a record on my form using this ID and create a public sub to call the afterupdate sub in this combo box

Public Sub UpdateForm()
    call ComboboxName_AfterUpdate()
    end sub

call it (when open) from the first forms button click event
    forms!From2.UpdateForm()

if Form2 is not open then you can use the openargs parameter when opening the form.
    KC

AZ KC

Please excuse the ignorance, but where do I put the

forms!Form2!ParID = me!ParID

code - on a button's "on click", or in the Form1's "on click" parameters, or ??

SKK

AZ KC

Disregard my request - I figured it out. The problem was I needed to add the linked table name instead of "... = me!ParID" I used

... = [Gis_Land.ParID]

Thanks very much for your direction.
    SKK