Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DB2 whtdrawal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    95

    Unanswered: DB2 whtdrawal

    Any idea why IBM is doing this??

    Effective March 26, 2004, IBM will withdraw from marketing the following program supply features licensed under the IBM Customer Agreement:


    Feature
    Feature name number

    Program number 5625-DB2

    S00X44G QPP: DB2(R) UDB for z/OS(R) -- Primary 6000
    S00X44F QPP: DB2 Management Clients 6001
    S00X44L QPP: Net.Data(R) V7 6002
    S00X44D QPP: QMF(TM) Classic Edition 6005
    S00X44J QPP: QMF Distributed Edition 6004
    S00X44K QPP: QMF Enterprise Edition 5802
    S00XPST QPP: DB2 Utilities Suite 5812

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: DB2 whtdrawal

    Probably these are all Version 7 products ...

    DB2 Version 8 on zOS is GA from that date ...

    This may be the reason

    Sathyaram



    Originally posted by ricka49
    Any idea why IBM is doing this??

    Effective March 26, 2004, IBM will withdraw from marketing the following program supply features licensed under the IBM Customer Agreement:


    Feature
    Feature name number

    Program number 5625-DB2

    S00X44G QPP: DB2(R) UDB for z/OS(R) -- Primary 6000
    S00X44F QPP: DB2 Management Clients 6001
    S00X44L QPP: Net.Data(R) V7 6002
    S00X44D QPP: QMF(TM) Classic Edition 6005
    S00X44J QPP: QMF Distributed Edition 6004
    S00X44K QPP: QMF Enterprise Edition 5802
    S00XPST QPP: DB2 Utilities Suite 5812
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    They are withdrawn from marketing, not necessarily withdrawn from support.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    141
    Note the all products are QPP (Quality Partnership Program). As the product is going GA, there's no need to give support for the pre-release anymore.
    Rodney Krick

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    95

    Re: DB2 whtdrawal

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Probably these are all Version 7 products ...

    DB2 Version 8 on zOS is GA from that date ...

    This may be the reason

    Sathyaram

    They are all version 8 except the one labeled version 7.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: DB2 whtdrawal

    Thanks ...

    I think Rodney reply makes sense ... Don't yoiu ?

    Cheers
    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by ricka49
    They are all version 8 except the one labeled version 7.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    95
    thanks for the info!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    As already mentioned, there is a difference between withdrawal from marketing (EOM), and withdrawal from service (EOS). Here is a chart which shows the different dates, but not for the specific products you listed.
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...0/support/plc/
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •