Unanswered: Text Box Field Referrals

If I put the following code into the ControlSource of a Textbox, it returns "#Name?" when the form is run.

=IIf(IsNull([RECORD]![CREATORUSER])," ","Created by: " & [RECORD]![CREATORUSER] & " on " & [RECORD]![DATECREATED])

If I change the code to:

=IIf(IsNull([CREATORUSER])," ","Created by: " & [CREATORUSER] & " on " & [DATECREATED])

It works fine.

I'm confused because the Expression Builder wrote the first one off of the fields I clicked on. Access built it ... why then doesn't Access recognize it?

I ask the question because I want to refer to a field in another table in the expression. The field CREATORUSER is an employee number in Table1 and Table2 is the Employee Table that matches the employee number to the name. I want to display the name instead of the employee number.

Thanks in advance.

SD
    Thanks in advance or hope this helps.

That's because when you use the ControlSource you're binding to the table the form is bound to ... Here's the problem: See that (!)? That is a form field token ... If instead you had: [RECORD].[CREATORUSER] assuming that [RECORD] was the name of a table/query ...

So when I change the "!" to a ".", why doesn't it work? "#Name?" is still there.

Originally posted by reoterq
    So when I change the "!" to a ".", why doesn't it work? "#Name?" is still there.
    What table/query is the form bound to?

Originally posted by M Owen
    What table/query is the form bound to?
    The bound table is RECORD.