Wink Unanswered: Simple SQL Update

Hello all and I look forward to reading your replys. Currently, I'm trying to update a table in my SQL database by writing a script that will go get the field name and correct info, verify it has the correct field by using two other columns and then update the information.

I do not know how to use tell SQL what to update when the field name can change. I've used the following in the past.

UPDATE [Import Table]

SET [Import Table].[???] = [Correction_Table].[Correct_Info]

WHERE [Import Table].[UNIQUE ID] in (select [USO Unique ID] from [Correction_Table])

IN this new instance, I'm reading the Field_Name from the Correction_Table so I don't know what to put in my SET statement.

Please any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Battle_n

Would this work?

UPDATE ImportTable

SET ImportTable.MyField = (select Correction_Table.Correct_Info from Correction_Table WHERE Correction_Table.USO_Unique_ID = ImportTable.UNIQUE_ID)

This wouldn't work because "MyField" keeps changing depending on the field to be corrected. I'm going to have to put that as a variable and read in the value to the string.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    You need to use dynamic SQL. But what DBMS are you using?

SQL Server Enterprise Manager. I want to overright incorrect data from a feed.