Unanswered: Combo box on continuous form issue

I have a continuous form that is filtered using data from a parent form. The filter is a person’s name who has responsibility for a group of references. The child form that I need advice on has only two fields on it. One field is called Reference and the other is a combo box (unbound). The purpose of the combo box is to re-assign responsibility for the reference to another person. BUT if I select a new name from the combo box it obviously then defaults to that name for all items on the filtered continuous form.
    So my question is, is it possible to have the combo box on a continuous form only show a value on the active record. i.e. if I have 20 records on the form (all with different references) and I select record 3, can I make the combo box for record 3 show my selection (say Jeff) but all the other 19 records blank in the combo box selection?

Regards
    John

It has to be bound John. Period.

Thanks for the reply Mike.
    I thought that would be the case, but wanted to see if there was a way around it as it causes a slight issue. Never mind as its only a minor one.
    Thanks again
    Regards
    John

You can dump the contents of the subform, temporarily into a another table that has the reference and name. Then have both fields bound in the subform. Then after the user finishes you would have to look through the table for the changes.

I have done it in the past, only when I didn't think multiple users would be using the same form at the same time. Or by including the User in the table and only Adding/Modifying/Deleting records associated to the user. But I think having to account for the user might overly complicate things.