Exclamation Unanswered: Workspace Problem in Secured Database

Please can someone help. I have a secured database and am logged in as "Developer". I recently wrote some code that used transactions with no problems. I am now having problems with the same code as when I attempt to set the database object from the workspace I get the error "Item not found in this collection"

Dim ws As Workspace
    Dim db As Database

Set ws = Workspaces(0)
    Set db = ws.Databases(0) 'Error occurs here

If I go into the immediate window I can see that the workspace object does not contain any databases, and that the username is "Admin" and not "Developer".

I am guessing that this is why the workspace does not contain any databases, but am not really sure. Is there any way I can force the default workspace to use the username I am currently logged in as.

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Re: Workspace Problem in Secured Database

Originally posted by h0wells
    Please can someone help. I have a secured database and am logged in as "Developer". I recently wrote some code that used transactions with no problems. I am now having problems with the same code as when I attempt to set the database object from the workspace I get the error "Item not found in this collection"

Dim ws As Workspace
    Dim db As Database

Set ws = Workspaces(0)
    Set db = ws.Databases(0) 'Error occurs here

If I go into the immediate window I can see that the workspace object does not contain any databases, and that the username is "Admin" and not "Developer".

I am guessing that this is why the workspace does not contain any databases, but am not really sure. Is there any way I can force the default workspace to use the username I am currently logged in as.

Many thanks in advance

Simon

did you have joined the workgroup file that you have created while creating the secured database.

To check the workgroup file that you are using, Press Ctrl+G to go to the immediate window, type
    ?syscmd(13) -- tell you the name of the workgroup file you are using.
    ?currentuser -- tell you the name of the user you are logged on.