Unanswered: General database help needed

Hey all I'm new here...I thought I should make one topic for all my questions, to avoid creating many more...anw here they are

1. Query: Is it possible for a user to select data from a drop down list before launching a query, which will be then used as criteria for the query? If yes, how?
    In my case, I have the field Province and I want the user to select one of the 5 available there (when entering data in the table he selects one).

2.I have TBLSales, TBLCars & TBLServices. I want the user to enter a number in the field ItemSold of TBLSales, which will represent the ID of the service or car sold. Is it possible to do that? If yes how?
    After adding that, I want to create a query witch will seperate the car sales from the service sales...how?

If you think that by seing my relationships you can provide some help, pls tell me

Thanks for your help

Re: General database help needed

Originally posted by toxi
    Hey all I'm new here...I thought I should make one topic for all my questions, to avoid creating many more...anw here they are

1. Query: Is it possible for a user to select data from a drop down list before launching a query, which will be then used as criteria for the query? If yes, how?
    In my case, I have the field Province and I want the user to select one of the 5 available there (when entering data in the table he selects one).

2.I have TBLSales, TBLCars & TBLServices. I want the user to enter a number in the field ItemSold of TBLSales, which will represent the ID of the service or car sold. Is it possible to do that? If yes how?
    After adding that, I want to create a query witch will seperate the car sales from the service sales...how?

If you think that by seing my relationships you can provide some help, pls tell me

Thanks for your help
    1. Yes. Make a function that constructs your query with the filter selection.
    2. Yes. Make a texbox. Likewise make a query string that filters for either car sales or service sales.

What do you mean make a textbox?

I kinda know what I should do, but I don't know how to write the code....

Originally posted by toxi
    What do you mean make a textbox?

I kinda know what I should do, but I don't know how to write the code....
    Add a textbox control to your form ... As for writing code, do a little bit of searching ... I've just posted code twice just recently. That will give you some ideas ...