Unanswered: Db2 Connect EE & JDBC

Has any one worked on running JDBC apps from a windows client via DB2 Connect EE(running on Windows 2000 server) to communicate with z/OS1.2 DB2 Database. I need help desperately.

Re: Db2 Connect EE & JDBC

You may want to mention what problem(s) you have

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by santhip
    Has any one worked on running JDBC apps from a windows client via DB2 Connect EE(running on Windows 2000 server) to communicate with z/OS1.2 DB2 Database. I need help desperately.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,

I am having lot of problems and confusions.

1) I am not able to connect from DB2 client(windows) to DB2 Connect EE (running on windows 2000). The test connection is working fine from Db2 Connect. But when I added the DB instances to client configuration assist and tried the test connection, I am getting the following error.

JDBC connection failed.

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

Do I need any special APARs installed on z/OS side?

2) The JDBC documentation asks to execute the DB2Binder to bind the packages. Url : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...d/cjvprmta.htm
    When I executed the command, I got the following error.

SQL Code =0
    SQL Code = 08001
    Message = No Suitable Driver.

If this problem related to APARs on z/OS?

Does the DB2 User Id that need to be given for each of these instances has to have BIND previlege?

Can I give a admin user id for running this command and use some other id in the application to access the DB2 data?

3) Can I execute my jdbc application from a different machine than where DB2 connect is installed with no DB2 client. I understand from doc
    that db2jjc.jar in 8.1 can be used to connect to remote DB with no need for client.

I am getting No Driver found exception, when I tried to execute the following code.

Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver");
    conDB2 = DriverManager.getConnection(db2URL, db2UID, db2PWD);
    URL = jdbc:db2//jjcusnbwmd01.na.jnj.com:5033/A01TDB2

Is this related to DB2Binder execution error on DB2 Connect machine?

DB2 Connect EE and Client I referred are 8.1 ver. The DB2 database is running on z/OS 1.2. Db2 ver. 7.1.

This is the first time I am working on DB2 Connect and DB2 DB. It would be really of great help if you can share your knowledge in this regard.

Thanks
    Santhi

1) Did you try configure your DB2 Connect EE to talk with mainframe DB2 ... Refer to the quick beginnings guide and 'Connectivity Cheat Sheet Part 1' in developer domain ... They should help you to install and configure your client ... You should have DDF configured on the mainframe and the DSNDIST Address space started .. Then try connecting to the mainframe from the Gateway server ... If it works, make sure you have dbm cfg parm SVCENAME configured, your db2set DB2COMM=TCPIP and your services file defines the service name you use in SVCENAME value ... You should start the insance ...

Then configure your client to use the connect gateway ... Test if this works ..

2) Not very sure

3) You will have to connect to the Gateway machine I think ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by santhip
    Hi,

I am having lot of problems and confusions.

1) I am not able to connect from DB2 client(windows) to DB2 Connect EE (running on windows 2000). The test connection is working fine from Db2 Connect. But when I added the DB instances to client configuration assist and tried the test connection, I am getting the following error.

JDBC connection failed.

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

Do I need any special APARs installed on z/OS side?

2) The JDBC documentation asks to execute the DB2Binder to bind the packages. Url : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...d/cjvprmta.htm
    When I executed the command, I got the following error.

SQL Code =0
    SQL Code = 08001
    Message = No Suitable Driver.

If this problem related to APARs on z/OS?

Does the DB2 User Id that need to be given for each of these instances has to have BIND previlege?

Can I give a admin user id for running this command and use some other id in the application to access the DB2 data?

3) Can I execute my jdbc application from a different machine than where DB2 connect is installed with no DB2 client. I understand from doc
    that db2jjc.jar in 8.1 can be used to connect to remote DB with no need for client.

I am getting No Driver found exception, when I tried to execute the following code.

Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver");
    conDB2 = DriverManager.getConnection(db2URL, db2UID, db2PWD);
    URL = jdbc:db2//jjcusnbwmd01.na.jnj.com:5033/A01TDB2

Is this related to DB2Binder execution error on DB2 Connect machine?

DB2 Connect EE and Client I referred are 8.1 ver. The DB2 database is running on z/OS 1.2. Db2 ver. 7.1.

This is the first time I am working on DB2 Connect and DB2 DB. It would be really of great help if you can share your knowledge in this regard.

Thanks
    Santhi
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

1) I configured the instances at DB2 Connect EE. The test connection is working fine. I just got the client connection worked. At client I gave mianframe Port numbers. That was the mistake. In DB2 Connect machine, the servie file has an entry for db2c_DB2 which has a different port number assigned. I changed the port numbers on my client to this. It worked.

3) I gave the DB2 connect machine IP and port in the URL. But I didnt under why the error is coming as invalid driver. I set the jar fiels set in the classpath.

Question JDBC - DB2 Connect - Mainframe Db2

Hi,
    I need a help to connect mainframe database.
    I installed DB2 connect from DB2 Connect Developers Edition for Windows (IBM software downloads - No-charge products tools, and toolkits search results link).
    Now I am not getting how to proceed.
    I developed one stand alone java tool to connect to database.
    1. Is the one I installed is db2 Connect only?
    2. If I want to connect mainframe Db2 weather I need to install Db2 connect (its required i need a confirmation).
    3. If 3 is yes then what code I need to write in java tool which is acting client of db2 connect if possible sample code.
    4. How to configure db2 connect with mainframe UDB.