Thread: startup options

Unanswered: startup options

I'm having a problem with a database I created in Access 2002. It's very small, 4 tables, and was designed for mailing list information. I have a switchboard that I would like to open when the application opens. I have setup the startup options accordingly. The problem is that when I open the database two instances of Access open. One opens with the switchboard the way that I want it. The other opens with the Database Window. This way all the user has to do is click on the wrong instance on the taskbar and they have full access to the database. I also can't create a .mde file. Any ideas?

Did you deselect display database window when you were setting up the start up properties?

CAT
    CAT :-D

Yes, I did that.

Try.....

- Create a new (blank) database.
    - Copy all your tables, queries, forms, reports, and Modules to the new database (do not copy the Switchboard Table or Switchboard Form).
    - Create a new switchboard.

Better yet.....create your own switchboard.

I did as you suggested and copied everything into a new database. At first it didn't seem to work, but as I was looking around I realized that everything worked fine until I tried to add an Application Icon. That's when I experienced the problem that I posted about. If I removed the icon then everything was normal. For now I will just not use the icon, but I would like to. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: startup options

Look at Tools/Options on the View tab find the option "Windows in Taskbar" and uncheck it. That should clear it up.