Question Unanswered: Control Center Problems after Applying FixPak11

I just upgraded our development environment from UDB 7.2 fp8 to 7.2 fp11. Now I am running into a problem with all my scheduled jobs under control center. All my jobs and all the associated scripts show up fine. Looking at the Pending Jobs in the Journal all jobs were incremented ahead a day as if they all ran last night. If I go to Job History none of the scheduled jobs from last night show up. If I try a Run Now of one of the pending jobs, after a delay it states that the Job XYZ was submitted. That job does not show up in the Job History. Any ideas???

Re: Control Center Problems after Applying FixPak11

I am getting the below error message for all scheduled task that attempt to execute in the db2diag.log for this problem.

2004-03-18-07.00.01.264659 Instance:db2as Node:000
    PID:29124(Scheduler) Appid:none
    oper_system_services sqloexec Probe:80

exec() errno:0000 000d ....

I found a work around for this. IBM said that we would have to drop and recreate the administration server. In doing this we would lose all info in script center and the journal for the administration server we were dropping. Not wanting to recreate everything from scratch I found the following files in the db2as/sqllib directory: db2jobht.bak, db2jobht.prf, db2jobsm.bak, db2jobsm.prf, db2scrip.bak & db2scrip.prf. I backed up these file and the directory named "schedule" to another file system. I then ran:
    db2admin stop
    dasidrop db2as
    dasicrt db2as
    I then copied all my files & the directory schedule back in under db2as/sqllib and started the administration server (db2admin start). I went to control center and all my scripts were still there and now they run!!

That's a great to hear ...

There are so many people around asking how to retain the info when dropping and recreating admin server, or when moving from one server to another ...

I doubt, copying these files across versions will work, but did you have a chance to try copying these files from one server to another and test if it still works ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by jschaufus
    I found a work around for this. IBM said that we would have to drop and recreate the administration server. In doing this we would lose all info in script center and the journal for the administration server we were dropping. Not wanting to recreate everything from scratch I found the following files in the db2as/sqllib directory: db2jobht.bak, db2jobht.prf, db2jobsm.bak, db2jobsm.prf, db2scrip.bak & db2scrip.prf. I backed up these file and the directory named "schedule" to another file system. I then ran:
    db2admin stop
    dasidrop db2as
    dasicrt db2as
    I then copied all my files & the directory schedule back in under db2as/sqllib and started the administration server (db2admin start). I went to control center and all my scripts were still there and now they run!!
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

No I did not try moving this info to another server, but I would venture to guess that it would work the same. I actually started the adminstration server once without copying the files and there was nothing under script center or the journal. I then stopped, copied and restart and everything was there and work.