Unanswered: DB2 opportunity Atlanta or Richmond, VA

I am looking for a DB2 admin in the Atlanta, GA or Richmond, VA area.
    This is a FT opportunity, not contract.

Please email me if you are interested or if you know of anyone that would be.

This is a great opportunity with SunTrust Banks.

No sponsorhip available at this time. We welcome minority candiates and encourage all minorities to apply.

tanya.white@suntrust.com

Query

Hi,

Are people from india also eligible to apply
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

I think that "no sponsorship" means that you would have to be a US citizen, permanent US resident, or already have a work permit for the US. The employer will not sponsor you for an H1-B visa. The job location is in the US.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Funny

Hi Marcus,

Well I am sorry if I come across rude, but I really do respect you a lot for all your comments and answers on the technical side and I must admit that you are a genius.

I know what no sponshorship means, what I was intrested in knowing was that if some one already has a H1 visa is he still eligible. Please remember that there are many people in India who have 10 years multiple visa's already and can travel to the US if required.

Request you to please try and understand the others point of view before you post your comments.

Sorry If I got too personal.

regards

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

First, I am not a genius, only a Grand Poobah (I am not sure what that means, maybe the moderator can tell us)

Second, I was trying to be helpful and I believe my response was essentially correct. I know a little about US immigration law, since I have sponsored people from India for an H1-B visa and a green card (for people who already had an H1-B visa working for me).

The last time I did a sponsorship, if someone with an unexpired H1-B visa changes employers, the sponsorship needs to be transferred to the new employer, which costs the new employer money for legal fees. I was assuming based on the original post that they did not want to do any type of sponsorship, but may you should email them to be sure.

I also said in my previous post that if you "already have a work permit for the US", then you should be eligible to apply because it does not require a sponsorship.
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 03-18-04 at 02:34.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thumbs up Thks Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Seems you are an all rounder, you have great knowledge not only about DB2 but about Visa and Immigration procedures as well.

I should say you are an ideal consultant/Guru

Regards.

Nitin
    HTH

Nitin