Exclamation Unanswered: Disaster Recovery

Yikes! I lost my autoloader bakcup device along with my SQL2K Server. I reinstalled Win2k and now can see my RAID partitions where I had SQL server installed, along with all of the files. Since my tape backup is dead, I cannot simply restore from media. I'd like to reinstall SQL Server and then somehow grab the files on the partition and restore all of the data back to where things were. Is this even possible? If so, could someone help me out? I am worried by reading this list that my primary application (Sharepoint) will not be able to be restored because of security issues. Any ideas on that?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

-Den

Yup I would say disaster....

not so sure about the recovery part.....

No tapes?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 11
    You will probably be able to get the databases back with sp_attach_db (see BOL), but since this is Sharepoint, it is anyone's guess as to whether the databases will talk to anyone. Try to keep all the same server names for Sharepoint servers, since Sharepoint does not react well to changes of that sort.

If you need to used SP_ATTACHDB then ensure those are properly detached with SP_DETACHDB. Using the last good known backup of SQL database is the best and use RESTORE to restore the data which will create the database.

To know the contents of that backup file you can use RESTORE FILELISTONLY as suggested in books online.

KBA http://support.microsoft.com/default...5BLN%5D;307775 about DR articles.
    HTH
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]