Wink Unanswered: Amature needs help with forms

I am in the process of creating a new procedure for work and I need help. Waiting for a few books to be restocked at Borders but I have to get this project done.

First thing I need to do is take the 'Last Name' and 'First Name' fields and when the cursor enters the Login Name field the login name Lastname,F is auto filled. If the first/last name are intered in uppercase the login name needs to be Lastname,F if entered in lowercase the login name needs to be lastname,f.

Based on which item is selected from a Drop Down, a .xls worksheet opens for that selection.

Based on which item is selected from a Drop Down other fields are auto filled.

I also need to creade a button that when the person is done entering thw updates, 3 things happen. An uniquely named .xls file is created based on the Date field so it only collects that days the entries were created. A uniquely named .csv file to be imported into another system and send a email to a small group of people notifying them that an update has been created.

Attached is a copy of the form I'm working with.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Amature needs help with forms

Originally posted by Bob_g7
    I am in the process of creating a new procedure for work and I need help. Waiting for a few books to be restocked at Borders but I have to get this project done.

First thing I need to do is take the 'Last Name' and 'First Name' fields and when the cursor enters the Login Name field the login name Lastname,F is auto filled. If the first/last name are intered in uppercase the login name needs to be Lastname,F if entered in lowercase the login name needs to be lastname,f.

I would disregard the information about Uppercase and Lower case. Either make it all or the other or proper case

fname = "Foo"
    lname = "Fee"

'lowercase
    lcase(lname & "," & left(fname,1))
    'Uppercase
    ucase(lname & "," & left(fname,1))
    'propercase
    ucase(right(lname,1)) & lcase(right(lname,len(lname)-1) & ". " & ucase(left(fname,1))

Based on which item is selected from a Drop Down, a .xls worksheet opens for that selection.

Based on which item is selected from a Drop Down other fields are auto filled.

Where is this informatoin beeing pulled from. The excel file or information stored in the DB itself?

I also need to creade a button that when the person is done entering thw updates, 3 things happen. An uniquely named .xls file is created based on the Date field so it only collects that days the entries were created. A uniquely named .csv file to be imported into another system and send a email to a small group of people notifying them that an update has been created.

This may be a little diffiicult to implement, I have an example of this at work and can post it tomorrow. This is for the creating of an excel file named by a specific date. As for the CVS file, I cant help you on that. perhaps someone else can do that for you.

Attached is a copy of the form I'm working with.

p.s. No form was attached.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Amature needs help with forms

Originally posted by mjweyland
    Thanks for your help, not sure why the file didn't attach, I'll try it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files