Unanswered: Implementing Access Levels?

Hi All,
    I was wondering if this is even possible. I want to be able to "hide" all the stuff from a regular user. And by "stuff", I mena things like table views so they can't go around messing with tables. However, I would like to allow an "administrator" to go into tables and do as he/she pleases. I was thinking of using some kind of login system to acheive this (see the image attachment).

Is there any way this can be done? Again, the PRIMARY objective is to hide all the table views such that ONLY forums (a GUI front end) will be seen by a user.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails login.jpg  

Several Different Ways

There are several different ways to implement this.

1. In the startup options you can set a defined form to show at time of launch and hide the Database windwo. Tools>Startup

To bypass this you can hold down the shift key when you launch the MDB and it will bypass the starting form and take you directly to the DB window.

2. You can use the security options set up with the DB. Define what users can and cant see. The users will have to log in with a password. This is a very powerful tool in Access and when implemented correctly can work very well. Ther is a lot of odicumentation on line regarding this and too much to discuss in this media.

3. Contrlol what can and cant be seen via code. Create a table with the uers ID and thier passwords and thier designated access. Then create a user log in form. Store the value of the User and use that form to authenticate thier access to the db comparing passwords. Based on thier access for each user form they have access too at the time of activation of a form you can verify what the users access should be. I have used the dlookup to determine their access and createed a subroutine for each form either showing or hiding controls they have access too.

Any one of these options should work, all depends on how much work you want to do.

MW

Thanx For the feedback. Much appreciated.

2. You can use the security options set up with the DB. Define what users can and cant see. The users will have to log in with a password. This is a very powerful tool in Access and when implemented correctly can work very well. Ther is a lot of odicumentation on line regarding this and too much to discuss in this media.
    Looks like this is the best bet.I am not wolling tp put much time and effort into this, and the built-in DB security will most probably do.
    Any idea where I cna find such documentation (do you have a link in specific) or should I scour google ?

thanx again