Unanswered: Remote access MS SQL Server

My ISP provide MS SQL Server. I can create my database name, dbusername and dbpassword through control panel and then I can access the database in ASP using this connection string "Provider=SQLOLEDB;UID=dbusername; PWD=dbpasword".

Before, I could also use my enterprise manager to create a new sql server registration using my web url, dbusername and dbpassword. But now it seems that my ISP blocks the port or something and ask me do everything through the control panel.

Does anyone have some idea to connect to a remote server thorough enterprise manager based on the infromation I have?

It would be very helpful for your opinion!

If your isp is blocking ports on their firewall, you really need to contact them and explain what you need - some providers are not flexible due to the security risks.
    If you do not have SQL Server Books Online (BOL) installed - please do so. The majority of questions asked in the SQL Server forum could be eliminated if people had access to bol. BOL

Thanks a lot.
    I have talked with my ISP 3 times over the phone. They refused to provide technical support and only allowed me to manage database through control panel.
    I think can only do this way.

Originally posted by rnealejr
    If your isp is blocking ports on their firewall, you really need to contact them and explain what you need - some providers are not flexible due to the security risks.

Atleast confirm which ports are opened or configured to use your webspace.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]