Unanswered: Acc2k3: Table Subdatasheet Name property

Does anyone know how to access the Subdatasheet Name property on tables with relationships using vba? I wrote code that would go through each database in a directory and get rid of lookups for all fields in all tables. That works well, so I want to do the same for the Subdatasheet Name property, but Subdatasheet Name is not a property to which I have access. Any ideas?

Smile Re: Acc2k3: Table Subdatasheet Name property

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    Does anyone know how to access the Subdatasheet Name property on tables with relationships using vba? I wrote code that would go through each database in a directory and get rid of lookups for all fields in all tables. That works well, so I want to do the same for the Subdatasheet Name property, but Subdatasheet Name is not a property to which I have access. Any ideas?
    Is this what you are looking for?

This from the help files obviously.

SubdatasheetName Property
    See Also Specifics
    You can use the SubdatasheetName property to specify or determine the table or query that is bound to the subdatasheet.

Note The SubdatasheetName property applies only to tables and queries within a Microsoft Access database (.mdb).

Setting
    The SubdatasheetName property in a string expression representing the name of the table or query bound to the subdatasheet.

The easiest way to set the SubdatasheetName property is by using a table's property sheet. You can set this property by using Visual Basic.

To set the SubdatasheetName property by using Visual Basic, you must first either:

Set the property in table Design view by pointing to Properties on the View menu.
    Create the property by using the DAO CreateProperty method.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Thanks Basicmek. You got me on the right track.

With some extra looking, I found this:
    http://dbforums.com/t800594.html
    Last edited by jmrSudbury; 03-18-04 at 15:46.