Unanswered: Alternating row colors on continuous form

I'm sure someone has asked about this numerous times, but is there a way to alternate the color of rows on a continuous fom a la web page tables?

For instance, I want to alternate white & gray for each row, and the fields are laid out as a grid. I've tried other suggestions using OnCurrent, If..Then, bound fields, etc. Each time every row is the same color, not alternating. Alas, I am still working in Access97.

Re: Alternating row colors on continuous form

Originally posted by jrn0074
    I'm sure someone has asked about this numerous times, but is there a way to alternate the color of rows on a continuous fom a la web page tables?

For instance, I want to alternate white & gray for each row, and the fields are laid out as a grid. I've tried other suggestions using OnCurrent, If..Then, bound fields, etc. Each time every row is the same color, not alternating. Alas, I am still working in Access97.
    What you'll have to do is 2 things: Conditional format each column of the continuous form and add a hidden column with a row/record number to base the formatting on ... If you take the Row # MOD 2 and check the remainder for a 1 (or 0) that should do the trick ...

Re: Alternating row colors on continuous form

Originally posted by M Owen
    What you'll have to do is 2 things: Conditional format each column of the continuous form and add a hidden column with a row/record number to base the formatting on ... If you take the Row # MOD 2 and check the remainder for a 1 (or 0) that should do the trick ...
    Unfortunately, I don't see any conditional formatting in Access97. Is there another way to format an entire row in a continuous form based on a value in that row?