Unanswered: removing #Deleted records from a table

I have a record in a table that is showing as #Deleted and I cannot remove it. Consequently, it won't let me run any queries on that table. Help!

Re: removing #Deleted records from a table

Originally posted by Yildirim
    I have a record in a table that is showing as #Deleted and I cannot remove it. Consequently, it won't let me run any queries on that table. Help!
    If you Requery I'll bet they'll have disappeared ...

it's not working

Re: removing #Deleted records from a table

Ok ... Try running a compact and repair.

it's not working
    Try compacting/repairing the database

I did that too. Could the problem be its relationships? The table is part of several "one-to-many" relationships and the primary key is an autonumber. I've never had this happen before.

I did that too. Could the problem be its relationships? The table is part of several "one-to-many" relationships and the primary key is an autonumber. I've never had this happen before.
    Not that I know of ... Was there any error or interruption of the delete process? How are records deleted from this table anyway?

Not that I know of ... Was there any error or interruption of the delete process? How are records deleted from this table anyway?
    That's the mystery. Users cannot delete records from this table. I have no idea how it got deleted. I looked at the table and there is a record on there that says #deleted and I cannot get rid of it.

That's the mystery. Users cannot delete records from this table. I have no idea how it got deleted. I looked at the table and there is a record on there that says #deleted and I cannot get rid of it.
    Did you have the database corrupt any time in the past? That could have been the culprit ... Did the C&R do the trick?

it did, thanks

I had a similar experience when clearing out a table using a sql "Delete * from tblname;" in code and then immediately following it with an append query. The problem came up in 2003, but not '97, when the table was very large. I added a delay between these commands (delete/append) and everything was dandy. The #Delete was in every record in the original table (same # records), but no new data was appended. So, aha, the delay was implemented. In '97 version of the code I was experiencing occassional failures, which I now believe to be the time consumption to delete a rather large table (mdb about 0.1 GB compacted) then immediately refill.