Unanswered: Message Box - Variable in bold?

Hi.

I've got a message box that references a fixed string and concatenates a variable string. I'd like the variable string to be pronounced (i.e. be in bold) in the message box (I'm using the "msgbox" function). Is this possible, or will I have to create a "pseudo" message box from a form?

Thanks in advance.

Goldy.

There is only one font per message box, so you would need 3 boxes to have the middle variable stand out in the third. Or you could do it with 2, if you left spaces for the variable where the variable box was co-located. (Put the small var bold txt box over the longer msg box w/ normal font.) Just adjust for the length of spaces / variable length.

Thanks for the reply poliarci.

I'm not really with you. Can you combine message boxes? Or are you saying that I should have consecutive boxes popping up (not really suitable, for what I want).

I've had a search on google. Everyone I found have said that it's not possible (or is extremely difficult).

I might just add some characters to make the variable stand out...

Goldy:

To do what you want to do involves changing the way Windows displays all message boxes for all programs.

A 'pseudo' message box would be the only way to go in this instance. Your thought about using characters to 'highlight' the variable is what I use at the moment.

Whoops, I thought you were working on a form. Which my earlier reply would work.

You asked, "Is this possible, or will I have to create a "pseudo" message box from a form?"

Yes, you need to make a modal form. Set form property "modal" = Yes. The form will keep focus until closed as a msgbox.

To explain my prior msg further:

This is a message with BOLD in the middle.

txtbox1="This is a message with in the middle.
    txtbox2= "BOLD"

just supperimpose box2 (set font to bold) over 1 where appropriate.

More clear, I hope.