Unanswered: Multiple Shipping Address

Here is my relative table structure.

tCustomers
    tOrders
    tOrderDetails
    tShipToAddress

My problem is that each customer will have multiple shipping address.

First I had the PK of tShipToAddress linked to tCustomers. This is fine for relating the shipping address with the customer, but then I realized that that will not save the ShipToAddress in the OrderDetails table when a new order is placed. How can I have the ShipToAddressID saved in the Orders or OrderDetails table?

Sorry but I am going crazy over this. I have thought about it way to long.

Thanks for all of the help.

Obviously, you will need something in common between all your tables and I would say that you have the Customer Name field in each table. Set up a relationship and have all the shipping addresses display (perhaps in a subform) for the customer selected.

Here are my current relations. I think the States links are wrong and I still haven't figured out how to link my ShipToAddress to Orders without duplicating to much data. Please help if I am going at it all wrong.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.jpg  

Poor me

Is it me or does the right half of the relations view look really messed up. What a mess I have gotten myself into.

Maybe I should sleep a little. Never hurts.

Re: Poor me

Maybe is better to link addresshiporders with order, instead of with customers

Another thing is that you have some cycles on the right of your referential scheme. This can yield some problems in the future.

Another thing is that you have some cycles on the right of your referential scheme. This can yield some problems in the future. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Any suggestions on how to fix them. I know they don't look correct but Im not sure what to do about them.

Thanks

I don't understand why you create 2 tables about state and country.
    Just to store the names? You can avoid these 2 tables and store just the name of the country and the state in the corresponding field.

Originally posted by pipeio
    I don't understand why you create 2 tables about state and country.
    Just to store the names? You can avoid these 2 tables and store just the name of the country and the state in the corresponding field.
    I just done that for a lookup field for the users. Is this a bad idea?

My main problem is--

1 common customer will have many ShipToAddress. Lets say 5 for example. When a new order is placed I would like to have a form based on customers with a subform of ShiptoAddress so the user can select the customer and then select from the available ShipToAddress for that customer. How can I do this and save the ShiptoAddress in the orders table. I am really having problems with this.

Thanks for all of the help.
    Last edited by hooks; 03-19-04 at 15:01.

Originally posted by hooks
    I just done that for a lookup field for the users. Is this a bad idea?
    You can do the lookup with a SQL statement against the field, instead of use the table.

Any Help with the actual table layout would be much appriciated

I will be trying to create the same setup next week. Here is a tutorial that I will use. I am new to this so may not be of much help but I'll let you know my results.

http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut10.htm