Lightbulb Unanswered: Handle Access erros by Visual Basic

Hello people,

This question is very basic knowledge.
    When I execute a SQL against an Access database from a VisualBasic script, it doesn't work if the data I enter doesn't match the restriction of the field, I mean things like Not Null restriction, data type restriction, length restrictions and so on. I would like to handle this kind of errors of Access, in this way I just show the correspondent message of Access, and I don't have to control all the requirements by means of Visual Basic scripts before executing a SQL. Otherwise I must do a lot of controls each time I execute a SQL, like Not Null fields, data types, unique values, and so on.

Do you know where I can find this information. Or if this is possible?

Thanks a lot.

vb and vba in acces aint exactly the same, vba in acces is stripped, or with other words some statements or methods are not supported in vba access, so i think the errornumbers are not the same, stupid ....

i think so

so i think in that case your problem lays here.

hope its help full

greetings emiel

Ok, thanx Emiel

I give up with this. I am controlling the restrictions of the fields in Access manually, i.e., by means of visual basic scripts.

Thanks a lot, now I Know that I cannot do it. I spent a lot of time trying to find a solution.