Unanswered: Free tool to unload DB2 db from UDB

Hi, is their a free tool that I can get to unload a DB2 table from UDB version 7.2 on Windows 2000?

We are still using Spufiwin.

We unload the UDB table so that we can load our tables onto the our mainframe DB2 version 7.2 environment after.

If you require more info, just let me know.

Thanks.
    Mbourd25

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Free tool to unload DB2 db from UDB

Originally posted by mbourd25
    Hi, is their a free tool that I can get to unload a DB2 table from UDB version 7.2 on Windows 2000?

We unload the UDB table so that we can load our tables onto the our mainframe DB2 version 7.2 environment after.

Thanks.
    Is there any reason for not using EXPORT command?

May be this one

Originally posted by n_i
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

sathyaram_s: Which one?

n_i: I just tried export and it gives it a different format then what spufiwin does it. But how would I be able to transfer the PC file IXF format to the mainframe? Right, what I do is I FTP a text file created from spufiwin to the mainframe, I then load with a replace to my temporary table to be able to add the rows I want to add to the main table.

Thanks for your help.
    Mbourd25

Sorry mbourd25 , I was replying to n_i ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

n_i: I just tried export and it gives it a different format then what spufiwin does it. But how would I be able to transfer the PC file IXF format to the mainframe? Right, what I do is I FTP a text file created from spufiwin to the mainframe, I then load with a replace to my temporary table to be able to add the rows I want to add to the main table.

Thanks for your help.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 1

Thanks for your help.
    Sorry. I guess I shouldn't have given any advice while having very little understanding of what SPUFI is... I was assuming that you could export data as a text file (not necessarily IXF), transfer it to the mainframe, and import it there. Apparently, it is not that easy...

Arrow Re: Free tool to unload DB2 db from UDB

Hello
    let me say that you have a table in UDB win2000 and you want to move into DB2 MVS if what i am saying wright so
    if you have db2 connect any version even 5.1
    you can export the file into "FILE_NAME.IXF" BY this way
    >>export to file.ixf of ixf select * from table_of_win
    then you have to connect to the MVS database then
    >>import from file.ixf of ixf insert into table_of_mvs
    but you have to confirm that the win , mvs tables have the same structure if you dont have the smae table on mvs you can created that way
    Open MS Access link tables link the win table to be shown in windows then right click> export to > chose in save as type ODBC database then chose your instance of the mvs database then create it will be created in the dsndb04 dsfault database
    please let me know the result
    Thanks >>>> YaMeN

Thanks.

Originally posted by n_i

You can use the SPUFI utility on OS/390 and get connected to the UDB.
    Pls let me know if you need further info.