Unanswered: Exporting to Frontpage 2002

Hi,

I have Office XP with Frontpage. We have a website that contains a list of available products ( currently, this is simply text entered in a tabular manner... ). In the store however, the staff uses this same information, in a binder ( every week, they print the list from Word....) Obviously, this is extremely cumbersome.....

I created an Excel file with all the necessary infos, and split the product categories as seperate sheets. On the web site, i do not wish to display all the columns. Each sheet has it's equivalent html page on the site. Can i simply export the data, and format it in frontpage, or is there something more efficient?

Also, since the web page has a lot of formating done ( background color, text color, sizing ..) i'm guessing that i would need to re-create all of it eveytime i want to sync the data. Is there a way for excel to use the formating of the webpage directly?

Any ideas are welcome!

thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

I'm not to sure about the FrontPage stuff, but have you tried Save As-->Web Page, Selectionheet & check Add Interactivity?

Smitty

Yup, that will work for one part of what i want. In the store, i want the staff to remove the products they sell, and correct mistakes as they go, but since i need to publish this on my website, i dont want the web users to be able to do edits, and there are some columns that i do not wish to display

The frustrating thing is that it would be simple if Excel's colors could match those of FP.... Any way to enter the Hex code for a color in Excel?

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

I think you're stuck with the 56 colors from the palette.

But see if Dave McRitchie's article helps any: http://www.geocities.com/davemcritchie/excel/colors.htm.

Smitty