Unanswered: make access database available online

The not for profit school that i work for wants to be able to have the teachers, SLP's, etc be able to enter data into an IEP Database that I have built in Microsoft Access. I really don't know how to do this. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me?

1. Must be on a secured website
    2. We have a non-secured website already-probably can add secured to it.
    3. Access it from any internet capable computer - probably no macs though.
    4. How do I get the data back into the database that is stored on my computer. We have no network other than a 4 computer peer to peer. My computer acts as the server for the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Chris

Re: make access database available online

You may have to go for an ASP solution. THat way you can use Access as the back end system and web front end.

Also rememeber, you'll have to take care of all the web stuff, like web server, domain names etc..

Originally posted by autism
    The not for profit school that i work for wants to be able to have the teachers, SLP's, etc be able to enter data into an IEP Database that I have built in Microsoft Access. I really don't know how to do this. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me?

1. Must be on a secured website
    2. We have a non-secured website already-probably can add secured to it.
    3. Access it from any internet capable computer - probably no macs though.
    4. How do I get the data back into the database that is stored on my computer. We have no network other than a 4 computer peer to peer. My computer acts as the server for the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Chris

we already have the domain name and webserver. There is MySql database available but I don't know if that will do me any good. This sounds like something I need to outsource, so does anyone have suggetions for companies in the St. Louis, MO market that do this kind of thing.

Chris

IT Moonlighers and Practical Computer Applications are two places on the web you can check out as there are many. I have only done limited research to do the same as I am not ready to make that step yet. Do search on Program consultants or tsopmething to that effect.

Hope this atleast starts you in a direction you can use.