After the code has worked ,now it is not any more althought that i change nothing in it . after i install the oracle developer for the form i can't connect to the oracle tables i have tried alot of other provider i don't know what is wrong with the code . does the developer change something. i have named the database in the developer with other name not like the database name . am using the server and everything is here . do i need special program or provider for that .
<TITLE>Connecting to an Oracle database using OLE and DSNLess connection</TITLE>
myConn.Open "Provider=MSDAORA; Data Source=db1;" & _
"User ID=scott;" & "Password=tiger"
SQLStr="SELECT empno, ename, deptno FROM Emp ORDER BY deptno, ename"
IF NOT result.EOF THEN
response.write("<H2>Oracle ASP Example</H2>")
response.write("<P>Connecting to Oracle using OLE & DSNLess connection</P>")
response.write("<TABLE BORDER=3 BGCOLOR=#0099CC><TR>" & _
"<TH>Employee No</TH><TH>Name</TH><TH>Department No</TH>")
WHILE NOT result.EOF
response.write("<TR><TD>" & result("empno") & "</TD>")
response.write("<TD>" & result("ename") & "</TD>")
response.write("<TD>" & result("deptno") & "</TD></TR>")
response.write("<P>Error retrieving Employee data!!</P>")