Thread: Subforms

Unanswered: Subforms

I have a parent form with a couple of subforms. I set the PK as an autonumber field on the table for the main form. I associated the subforms with that PK. When I save the record will it automatically populate the tables for the subforms?

Thanks...

Re: Subforms

Originally posted by odamsr
    I have a parent form with a couple of subforms. I set the PK as an autonumber field on the table for the main form. I associated the subforms with that PK. When I save the record will it automatically populate the tables for the subforms?

Thanks...
    Are you asking if the tables behind the subforms will have new records added automatically when a new records is added to the parent form?
    The answer to that is no.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

I am having problems. I know this is something simple but I can't figure it out. I have a parent form with a subform on it. The subform is a line item of transactions for the main form. I have it tied to the main form by a fk, transaction_id. When I add a line item and save the form and then reopen it my line items aren't there but they are in the table. Can anyone help me out?

I got it. Forgot to set dataentry to no.