Unanswered: Import & Export Problem

Hi

I m exporting tables from one database and all exported tables are in system table space when i import that tables in another user schema which has its own default table space then all imported tables after import still exsist in system table space i want to place that tables in its default table space not in system tablespace plz help me out.

thanks in advance

modifiy the default tablespace clause for your users you are going to import

imp sys/<pwd>@sid file=expdat.dmp fromuser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}>) touser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}>) buffer=16000000 log=<yourlog>

Originally posted by osy45

imp sys/<pwd>@sid file=expdat.dmp fromuser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}>) touser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}>) buffer=16000000 log=<yourlog>
    otherwise

write a generic script to move all table from system tablespace which are of other users than system/sys

alter table <usr1>.<table> move tablespace <usr1tablespace>; ...

Thanks for helping but after implementing first one command
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imp sys/<pwd>@sid file=expdat.dmp fromuser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}> ) touser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}> ) buffer=16000000 log=<yourlog>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the tables are still in system tablespace

and kindly explain the second one what it will do for example

if i connect with sys/oracle as sysdba and then i place this command

alter table vibra.vib_employee move tablespace newvibra;

then this comamnd will put my vib_employee table from vibra table space to newvibra tablespace.

but what about the intergrity constraints if i put tables one by one either i disable whole database constraints and then enable it ( i think it is very risky and time consuming process ) so plz help me out with import and export solution . Thanks again

Originally posted by abdulnauman
    Thanks for helping but after implementing first one command
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imp sys/<pwd>@sid file=expdat.dmp fromuser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}> ) touser=(<usr1,..., usr{n}> ) buffer=16000000 log=<yourlog>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the tables are still in system tablespace

and kindly explain the second one what it will do for example

if i connect with sys/oracle as sysdba and then i place this command

alter table vibra.vib_employee move tablespace newvibra;

then this comamnd will put my vib_employee table from vibra table space to newvibra tablespace.

but what about the intergrity constraints if i put tables one by one either i disable whole database constraints and then enable it ( i think it is very risky and time consuming process ) so plz help me out with import and export solution . Thanks again

from sqlplus issue the following cmds
    drop user vibra cascade ; -- this will remove all vibra objects from system tablespace
    create user vibra identified by <your pwd>;
    alter user vibra default tablespace newvibra temporary tablespace temp;
    grant connect, resource to vibra;

then

imp sys/oracle file=expdat.dmp fromuser=vibra touser=vibra buffer=16000000 log=yourlog

the default buffer is 64000 16000000 for speeding up your imp process
    fromuser advises the utilitiy to take all objects from user vibra to be placed to user vibra; by default it would be the importing user which is sys ... which as you said in your inital mail you don't want